Saturday, January 22, 2011

Company Ink (Part 2)

In the first installment to this story I share a reason why I shy away from dating people that I work with.  If you haven’t read that story before please do so.  This is a second reason why I stay away from dating people from work, the more I see the more it confirms.
This story involves two people, we’ll call them Mark and Susan.  Names are important because things could get confusing when I tell you the third reason why I don’t date people from work (Company Ink (Part 3)).  Mark and Susan worked together for a while and one particular summer they went on a vacation together.  Everyone kind of questioned this and they eventually told us they were dating.  They dated for about six months and it came time for Susan to move into a new apartment.  To easier afford the apartment Susan and Mark decided to move in together (bad idea).  I asked Susan what would happen if they broke up? She replied, “Well we would work it out I guess…”  I already knew moving in with someone that you just started dating was an extremely bad idea and was a disaster waiting to happen. 
A few months passed (maybe 6) and lo and behold they broke up.  As with their initial relationship they tried to keep it on the hush (which is respectable) I wouldn’t want everyone in my business either.  But when you bring it to work, it’s kind of hard to keep things a secret.  So the question that I asked Susan earlier had to be addressed.  As it turned out, they tried to live together afterwards and I guess that didn’t work out to well.  Because Mark moved out and Susan decided to sub-lease the apartment.  As a result, Susan quit her job and moved back to her hometown.
If you are dating someone at least wait a year or two before you decide to move in with them.  Because things change and you see a different side of a person once you’re living with them.  Stay tuned on Monday for the "Recipe of the Week: Cheerwine."

           These stories are real accounts, so if you plan to drink and have a good time do so responsibly. Remember to call a cab or a friend because the cost of a DWI is way more than a $20 cab ride home. Also, if you plan or happen to take someone home use protection. For two reasons, one there are many STD’s floating out there and it only takes one to ruin your life or that of others. The second reason is because a $3 condom is less expensive then 18 years of raising a child.  If you're interested in becoming a bartender or want to learn more about bartending visit ubguide.bartenderseries.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment