Friday, November 12, 2010

Declined

This story is interesting in two ways, they will be revealed later on.  This particular story involves a married woman and karma (I understand some of you don’t believe in karma).  I do believe in the old saying, “What goes around comes around.”  The female in this story, we’ll call her Susan will believe in it too after what she experienced.
Susan approached the bar during a busy time, I acknowledged her and said, “I’ll be with you shortly.”  She nodded and continued to wait.  In a moments time I took her drink order along with a few others and proceeded to make them.  As soon as I was making her beverage the other bartender asked her if she needed anything, instead of saying “No, I’ve been helped.” She replies, “Yes, all I want is a captain and coke.”  This wasn’t enough so she added, “I’ve been waiting for a drink for twenty minutes.”  Keep in mind that I had just took her drink order and was about to make it.  Not only this, I knew for sure that she had not been waiting twenty minutes.  Neither of us is that slow to where we couldn’t have taken her order in twenty minutes time.  Along with her obscene remark she requested additional alcohol to remedy her complaint.  As I stated before, what goes around comes around, and did it ever come around.
As the night progressed she added drinks to her tab and later decided to close out.  This is where the story truly begins.  Upon attempting to close the tab Susan’s card was declined.  You should have seen the grin on my face, I took so much pleasure in telling her as loudly as possible (without being obvious) that her card was declined.  After all the complaining and rudeness here she was with a declined credit card (I told you what goes around comes around).  The story gets better, Susan comes back with another card stating she just activated it and that it should work.  I ran this card and guess what?  It was declined too!  So I got the pleasure of telling Susan that this card was declined as well, oh what are the odds?  Susan goes off to call the bank to get things straightened out and after about thirty minutes she comes back.  She says, “Ok, I just got off the phone with the bank, they released the block and it should go through.”  I attempted to run her card again and yeah you guessed right it was declined again.  At this point I can admit that it wasn’t fun to tell her it was declined again, I slightly turned around and shook my head no.  She outburst, “What the “F” I just talked to them and they said it was fine?”  Susan began to slightly sob and got teary eyed, I kind of felt bad for her (but not really since all the crap she had put us through).  I guess Susan was tired of the shenanigans because she came back the fourth time with cash.
So here’s the interesting part, this story took place the same night as “Jack Be Nimble, Jack Be Quick” and “A Big Bird, Not on Sesame Street.”  That night was full of stories and interesting happenings.  To all the Susan’s of the world, be nice to people because you never know when you’ll need them again.  Staty tuned tomorrow for a story called "Way Too Much."
These stories are real accounts, so if you plan to drink and have a good time do so responsibly. Remember to call a cab or a friend because the cost of a DWI is way more than a $20 cab ride home.  Also, if you plan or happen to take someone home use protection.  For two reasons, one there are many STD’s floating out there and it only takes one to ruin your life or that of others.  The second reason is because a $3 condom is less expensive then 18 years of raising a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment