Friday, December 3, 2010

Company Ink

One thing that I firmly believe in is not dipping my pen in company ink.  Doing so causes so many problems and greater issues if it doesn’t work out.  This story is an illustration of why I follow this general rule.
A fellow coworker failed to yield to this rule, understandably why, the female he was dating was attractive and had a nice physique.  However, as the old adage goes, everything that glitters is not gold.  This definitely applied to this female.  You would never think that she was slightly crazy, but I guess you never know until emotions get involved.
On this particular day my coworker and I were working at the same bar, this made witnessing this episode very easy.  We work long shifts and typically we eat before our shift begins so we won’t be starved out by night’s end.  My coworker ordered a burger for his lunch and “attempted” to eat it.  For whatever reason they were arguing and she was apparently pissed off based on actions.  What she did next I couldn’t believe and I don’t think my coworker could either.  His burger was near the corner of the bar, she angrily came and grabbed his burger, smashed it, and threw it away in the nearest trash can.  He was away at the time this happened, so when he came back he thought I had done something with it.  I replied, “Your girl came up and trashed it, look in the trash can and you’ll see.”  He was dumbfounded and quickly ordered another one because it was close to opening time.
He came back with his second burger and “attempted” to eat it near the corner of the bar again.  I was absolutely shocked at what his girlfriend did next.  It was funny but ridiculous at the same time.  Just as he pulled back the wrapper and was bringing it to his mouth, she appears out of nowhere and snatches it from his hands and throws it away in the same trash can.  She must have got a little mustard on her hands because she flicked the condiments at him.  So you can imagine that he was pissed, staring at the juicy meat, and smelling the fresh grilled onions just to have it snatched out his hands.  He tried to get a manager involved, but what could he do about it?  The third time is charm, he ordered another burger but this time he ate it where she could not obstruct his consumption.
This event validated standing by my “No company ink” policy.  The last thing I need is being stressed out at work then having to go home and still be stressed out.  Some people have found success with dating someone from work and all I can say is congratulations.  Personally I have witnessed more failure than I have success with dating someone from work.  Just a word of advice, stay away from dipping your pen in company ink, or letting someone dip their pen your company ink for that matter.  Stay tuned tomorrow for a story called "The Bachelor."

             These stories are real accounts, so if you plan to drink and have a good time do so responsibly. Remember to call a cab or a friend because the cost of a DWI is way more than a $20 cab ride home. Also, if you plan or happen to take someone home use protection. For two reasons, one there are many STD’s floating out there and it only takes one to ruin your life or that of others. The second reason is because a $3 condom is less expensive then 18 years of raising a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment