Saturday, December 11, 2010

One in a Million

Every once in a while I get the opportunity to serve celebrities or people who are “well off.”  I have served famous NFL players, singers, rappers, wrestlers and a few others.  I have also served a few millionaires and had no clue until they cashed out with their black card.  This story is about one of those previous mentioned people.
On this particular day a group of business people attended the establishment.   They had just closed or acquired a big account so they were out celebrating.  They started out purchasing rounds and shots and progressed to larger purchases.  One of these purchases was a round for the whole establishment (bartenders included, too bad I couldn’t drink).  They must have landed a huge account because their tab was upwards of$700.00.  The greatest part of it all wouldn’t come until later (also the reason why I was so mad).
Well the night progressed and the group continued to dance and enjoy themselves.  What would occur next has never happened in all the years I have bartended.  I have received large tips before, $100 or maybe $200 on one tab.  The owner whipped out his black card, paid for the tab, and left everyone who was working that night a $1000.00 tip! (not a typo)  I was in awe and thoroughly surprised.  Do you want to know why?  Because I was not working that night! Unbelievable, the one night I was not working this happens.  The next day I come in, and everyone is telling me this story, you can imagine my frustration (that’s like rent money in one night).  However, whenever that amount of money is involved Uncle Sam has his hand out.  They didn’t have enough money to pay everyone out, so they had to cut checks.  As a result Uncle Sam took out his share and it grossed around $600.00 or so, that’s still a nice payday if you ask me.
So if you are a millionaire and plan on visiting our establishment, make sure I’m working next time I would greatly appreciate it.  But on a serious note, if I had it like that I would share the love in the same manner just to make someone’s day or week.  Stay tuned on Monday for the "Recipe of the Week: Pancakes With Syrup."

            These stories are real accounts, so if you plan to drink and have a good time do so responsibly. Remember to call a cab or a friend because the cost of a DWI is way more than a $20 cab ride home. Also, if you plan or happen to take someone home use protection. For two reasons, one there are many STD’s floating out there and it only takes one to ruin your life or that of others. The second reason is because a $3 condom is less expensive then 18 years of raising a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment