Friday, February 18, 2011

Dancing Queen

This shift started like any other shift, popping bottles and mixing drinks.  My establishment plays music, so as the night progresses and the alcohol starts to settle people dance more often.  Well this story involves a woman and her dancing attempts.
This particular night I was working at the end of the bar where the entrance was located.  Normally this isn’t a problem but it would prove to be a problem on this night.  This woman we’ll call her Sue (those of you that have read Real Life Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde will understand).  Sue was having a good time with her friends and dancing amongst them.  For some reason Sue thought it was a good idea to invite me to dance with her even thought she clearly saw that I was working.   I politely declined and continued what I was doing.
On one occasion I excused myself to attend the restroom, well on my way back Sue stepped in front of me and started dancing.  I was thinking to myself “Really?”  I politely declined again and proceeded back behind the bar.  I don’t think Sue takes rejection to well because her next action surprised me.  So here is the reason why me working at the end of the bar where the entrance was located was important.  As I mentioned before I don’t think Sue takes rejection to well, because she decided to graciously come behind the bar and dance on me.  I saw someone out the corner of my eye but I didn’t think someone would have the nerve to come behind the bar.  I asked her what she was doing and stated that she couldn’t be back there in a firm and stern voice.  She kind of pouted and went back to dancing with her friends.
Sometimes I really don’t understand what goes on in peoples head, I’m not sure if I really want to know actually.  To those who don’t take rejection well, it’s ok to be told no because it may be one step closer to a yes but it’s not the end of the world.  So take it in stride and move on.
           These stories are real accounts, so if you plan to drink and have a good time do so responsibly. Remember to call a cab or a friend because the cost of a DWI is way more than a $20 cab ride home. Also, if you plan or happen to take someone home use protection. For two reasons, one there are many STD’s floating out there and it only takes one to ruin your life or that of others. The second reason is because a $3 condom is less expensive then 18 years of raising a child. If you're interested in becoming a bartender or want to learn more about bartending visit ubguide.bartenderseries.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment