Saturday, October 23, 2010

Drag Racing

It is interesting how American culture has evolved and now things are socially acceptable that were not ten to twenty years ago.  This includes homosexualality, gay marriages, public displays of affection, etc.  Another one of these socially acceptable nuances is men dressing in drag.  Rupaul revolutionized this phenomenon and now men feel comfortable doing so as well.
On this particular night a group of women (or at least what I thought was a group of women) visited the establishment for a “girls” night out.  As I greeted them one of the “women” stood out.  She was slightly taller than the others and had more of a masculine look to her.  I figured she was in drag and served the ladies as I would any other group.  One thing happened that made me laugh to myself and took me back.  I kind of knew the woman was in drag, but I wasn’t expecting what happened next.  She paid for the round of drinks, but when she opened her wallet to pay with her card the ID was visible and it was a picture of a man.  I looked back up at her and thought to myself “wow.”  I don’t have anything against men who dress in drag, but sometimes their drag looks better than their natural self.  This particular case was the opposite.  I’m sure some of you have seen the shows where they have the audience pick out the males in drag from the real females, this woman would have been easy to pick out of the lineup.
For men who dress up in drag, prepare yourself as a woman would and carry yourself in the same manner.  Although this does pose a problem for men when you can’t really tell, with that being said be honest and tell the man if are approached the truth.  Stay tuned on Monday for a recipe called “Johnny Vegas.”
These stories are real accounts, so if you plan to drink and have a good time do so responsibly. Remember to call a cab or a friend because the cost of a DWI is way more than a $20 cab ride home.  Also, if you plan or happen to take someone home use protection.  For two reasons, one there are many STD’s floating out there and it only takes one to ruin your life or that of others.  The second reason is because a $3 condom is less expensive then 18 years of raising a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment