Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Late Night Trip to Hawaii

This story begins as any normal shift does, popping bottles and mixing alcoholic beverages.  Except this one involves an estranged cruise worker from Hawaii.  She was a Caucasian female, but what made her stand out from the crowd were her thick blonde Rasta dreadlocks.   She must have been drinking from the time she stepped off the boat because she was fairly tipsy by the time I served her.
Business was kind of slow which made engaging in conversation with her more possible.  I knew she was going to be a hand full from how she initially came off.  After a few more drinks she stated, “I want to take you home, and you should come with me now.”  I replied, “I’m working I can’t just leave to go with you.” Hoping this would deter her advances, little did I know that this would make things worse.  As the night progressed she continued her advances and I continued to decline.  I thought I caught a break when I saw her leave, is that saying ever true when they say that it’s a small world.
As I stated before that it was a slow night, so this lead to me getting off early.  I wanted to consume an adult beverage, but decided to visit another establishment in the event she circled back around.  This plan backfired rather quickly because something happened that was unexpected.  As I sat drinking my beverage I felt a tap on my shoulder and guess who it was?  Yes, good ol’ Hawaii.  I didn’t notice she was there because it was rather crowded and I just assumed that I was safe.  Boy was I ever wrong.  I no longer had the bar protecting me from her or a way to find an excuse not to talk to her.  She eventually went off into the crowd and I hung out until the bar closed.
I should have left early to avoid all possible episodes from occurring.  But as a result of staying I ran into her again outside of the establishment.  This time she was very forceful in getting me to take her home.  I had consumed a few beverages which clouded my better judgment (for the moment anyway).  So I obliged to her request and proceeded to my vehicle.  She was sloppy drunk by this time (which is a major turn off for me) and I proceeded to leave the area.  I’ve heard horror stories of women crying rape after being intoxicated and waking up in a strangers bed.  So being aware of this I asked her plainly, “Are you sure you want to do this?” She replied, “Absolutely, I’m sure.”  I should have recorded her saying that just to cover my assets.  I really didn’t feel comfortable with this situation, I had already gone too far by letting her into my vehicle, now I’m responsible for this drunk chick (who I didn’t even know her name).  Finally coming to my right mind, I decided to take her home, make sure she got in safe and departed to my own dwelling. 
This situation could have gone a few different ways, but I’m glad I made the better judgment and not subdue myself to her advances.  Stay tuned for Mondays recipe of the week, "Werthers Original."
These stories are real accounts, so if you plan to drink and have a good time do so responsibly. Remember to call a cab or a friend because the cost of a DWI is way more than a $20 cab ride home.  Also, if you plan or happen to take someone home use protection.  For two reasons, one there are many STD’s floating out there and it only takes one to ruin your life or that of others.  The second reason is because a $3 condom is less expensive then 18 years of raising a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment